Peer-Review of author's original articles (materials) submitted for publication to the editorial office of the scientific journal "Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine»
1. The editorial office of the journal «Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine» takes into consideration articles and materials reflecting scientific views, results and achievements of fundamental and theoretical-applied research in the field of natural sciences and related subject areas in the following main sections: biological, medical and psychological sciences.
2. Specialty code: 14.03.11 Rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, physical therapy, balneology and physiotherapy.
3. Specialty formula: Rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, physical therapy, balneology and physiotherapy – a complex specialty, engaged in the studying the mechanisms of action and developing methods for the use of natural and artificial physical factors, physical exercise and other means of physical therapy, factors of traditional therapy, improving the effectiveness of prevention treatment and rehabilitation measures in healthy people, athletes, sick and disabled to restore the functional reserves of the human body or compensate for lost functions and improve the health and quality of life of the population. Rehabilitation medicine studies the regularities of the processes of formation and preservation, restoration and strengthening of human health by dynamic assessment and correction of adaptive abilities of the body, determines the methodological foundations of diseases prevention.
4. One carefully selected in accordance with the «Terms of publication in the journal "Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine" copy of the article, as well as information about the author/authors are sent to the editorial office, the same documents are sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The publication reviews all materials submitted to the editorial office, corresponding to its subjects, with a view to their peer review.
6. Manuscripts that submitted for publication in the journal checked for compliance with technical requirements and compliance with the journal's profile.
7. The article is accepted for consideration only if it meets the requirements for the registration of materials submitted to the "Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine", published on the website http://vvmr.ru/
An unilateral anonymous ("blind") peer review method is mandatory for processing of all scientific manuscripts submitted to the editorial stuff of “Bulletin of Rehabilitation Medicine”. This implies that neither the reviewer is aware of the authorship of the manuscript, nor the author maintains any contact with the reviewer.
1. Members of the editorial board and leading Russian and international experts in corresponding areas of life sciences, invited as independent readers, perform peer reviews. Editor-in-chief, deputy editor-in-chief or science editor choose readers for peer review. We aim to limit the review process to 2-4 weeks, though in some cases the schedule may be adjusted at the reviewer’s request.
2. Reviewer has an option to abnegate the assessment should any conflict of interests arise that may affect perception or interpretation of the manuscript. Upon the scrutiny, the reviewer is expected to present the editorial board with one of the following recommendations:
- to accept the paper in its present state;
- to invited the author to revise their manuscript to address specific concerns before final decision is reached;
- that final decision be reached following further reviewing by another specialist;
- to reject the manuscript outright.
3. If the reviewer has recommended any refinements, the editorial staff would suggest the author either to implement the corrections, or to dispute them reasonably. Authors are kindly required to limit their revision to 2 months and resubmit the adapted manuscript within this period for final evaluation.
4. We politely request that the editor to be notified verbally or in writing should the author decide to refuse from publishing the manuscript. In case the author fails to do so within 3 months since receiving a copy of the initial review, the editorial board takes the manuscript off the register and notifies the author accordingly.
5. If author and reviewers meet insoluble contradictions regarding revision of the manuscript, the editor-in-chief resolves the conflict by his own authority.
6. The editorial board reaches final decision to reject a manuscript on the hearing according to reviewers’ recommendations, and duly notifies the authors of their decision via e-mail. The board does not accept previously rejected manuscripts for re-evaluation.
7. Upon the decision to accept the manuscript for publishing, the editorial staff notifies the authors of the scheduled date of publication.
8. Kindly note that positive review does not guarantee the acceptance, as final decision in all cases lies with the editorial board. By his authority, editor-in-chief rules final solution of every conflict.
9. Original reviews of submitted manuscripts remain deposited for 5 years.