RULES FOR PREPARING ARTICLES SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION IN «BULLETIN OF REHABILITATION MEDICINE»
Bulletin of rehabilitation medicine publishes original and review papers on topical problems of medical rehabilitation in neurology, in traumatology and orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, oncology, gastroenterology and health-resort treatment.
The articles should not have been previously published and should not be concurrently considered for publication elsewhere. An article is published after being approved by the editorial board and reviewers of journal. Papers approved by the reviewers and the editorial board are printed at no charge to authors. On a commercial basis, information and/or promotional materials of domestic and foreign advertisers are placed in the journal.
The papers should include the title, abstract, text, reference list, tables, illustrations, and captions for illustrations, contact information about authors.
Front page should contain:
- Index UDK;
- The title of the paper. The title should not use acronyms, abbreviations;
- The initials and last name of the author(s);
- The full name of the institution, in which the work was performed
If the authors of the article work in different organizations, it is necessary using the legend (1, 2) to correlate each author with his organization.
- Sources of funding in the form of grants, equipment, medicines or all of the above, as well as a report on a possible conflict of interest.
Further, the information described in points 2-5 is fully duplicated in English. The English names of institutions should not indicate their full state status, omitting terms such as a federal institution, state, budgetary, educational, curative, preventive, commercial, etc.).
Abstract should contain at least 250 words for original papers and at least 150 words for reviews and be structured, i.e. to follow headings of the article: purpose, methods, results, conclusion. The abstract of the literature review is not structured. An abstract should be:
- structured (include sections: aim, materials and methods, results, conclusion);
- written in high-quality English;
- compact (fit into the volume from 220 to 250 words);
Below the abstract the key words (about 10-13) are placed, assisting the indexing of the article in the information retrieval systems. The emphasis should be on new and important aspects of research or observations.
Abstract and key words are fully duplicated in English.
The subject, theme, purpose of the work are indicated if they are not clear from the title of the article. It is advisable to describe the method or methodology of the work if they differ in novelty or are of interest from the point of view of this work. The results of the work are described extremely accurately and informatively. The main theoretical and experimental results, new scientific facts, discovered relationships and patterns are given.
The text part of the manuscript should be as simple and clear as possible. If necessary, other headings and subheadings may be used additionally. The design of the study, its procedures and methods are described as detailed and objective as possible (number of procedures, their duration) so to give other researchers an opportunity to reproduce the results and to include the results in meta-analysis. To designate drugs need to use international nonproprietary names.
Thus it is recommended to adhere to the following scheme of presentation:
- the introduction and aim;
- material and methods;
- the results;
The text is typed in 12 pt, Times New Roman font, 1,5 spacing in a Microsoft Word. Article limit is 10-12 pages. The list of references is not included in this volume; figures and tables are included.
No additional formatting, no hyphenations, no CAPITALS, not underlining. Bold and italics are accepted.
Mathematical symbols (± α β γ δ ε κ λ μ π Σ, etc.) should be typed in Symbol. Formulas are typed in the formula editor. The abbreviation of words, names, titles (other than generally accepted) is allowed only with the initial indication of the full name.
The introduction should briefly indicate the state of the problem, the relevance of research to formulate the purpose of work and justify the need for the study or observation. Only those works that are directly related to the subject should be mentioned, do not include data or conclusions that will be presented in the article.
When describing materials and methods of research elaborate on the selected patients or experimental animals for observation and experiments (including those in the control group) to indicate their age, sex and other characteristics affecting the results, describe the methods, apparatus (in brackets it manufacturer and country or city), as well as all treatments in sufficient detail to allow other researchers to reproduce the results. Description of generally accepted methods, including statistics should be limited to the references. It is necessary to specify exactly all drugs and chemicals, the dose and route of administration. Trade name of the drug company and the manufacturer can result in this section in brackets after the international nonproprietary name. It is necessary to present the research results in the text, tables and diagrams in a logical sequence, not to repeat in the text data from tables or figures, isolated or summarize only important observations. All cited figures and tables should be referenced in the text.
In discussion the results provide new and important aspects of this study, the application of the results obtained, including in further studies, as well as their limitations. The study should be critically compared with other studies in this area.
Conclusions of the work should be linked to the objectives of the study, so as to avoid unwarranted applications not supported by the facts completely. If necessary the end of the article can be summarized as expressing gratitude. The conclusion must be at least 100 words.
References should be placed at the end of the manuscript text. List of references should be formed according GOST R 7.0.100-2018.
In original articles and reviews, author should refer to the articles published over the past 2-3, with a maximum of 5 years. Up to 30 sources permitted in the original articles, no more than 60 - in literature reviews, up to 20 - clinical case, up to 20 - opinion, 15 quotations in lectures and other materials.
It is recommended to avoid theses, manuals, works from the collections of papers, proceedings of the conference.
Sources in the list of references must be strictly specified in the order of citing and numbered in strict accordance with their numbering in the text of the article (e.g., [1,2,3]). The reference in the text of the manuscript, tables and figures on the literary source should be presented in the form of numbers in square brackets (e.g., ).
The name of the Russian-language journals should be indicated in transliteration, while the rest of the article is translated into English. English-language sources are published in the original language. All sources must contain DOI.
For the correctness of the bibliographic data presented, the author is responsible..
Journal references are put in the following order: 1) author(s); 2) heading of the article; 3) journal in italic; 4) other details (volume, chapter, pages, DOI).
Staggs V.S., Mion L.C., Shorr R.I. Assisted and unassisted falls: different events, different outcomes, different implications for quality of hospital care. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2014; 40:358–64. DOI:10.1016/S1553– 7250(14)40047–3
Konchugova TV, Orekhova EM, Kul’chitskaya DB. Osnovnye dostizheniya i napravleniya razvitiya apparatnoj fizioterapii [The major achievements and future directions of the development of instrumental physiotherapy]. Voprosy kurortologii, fizioterapii i lechebnoj fizicheskoj kul'tury. 2013; 90(1): 26-31. (In Russ.). DOI:10.17116/kurort2013126-31
The reference to a book should be made in the following way: the author's name (authors' names), the title of the work, the place of publication, the publishing house, the year of publication, the number of pages.
Marini J.J., Gattinoni L. Management of COVID-19 Respiratory Distress. JAMA, 2020. DOI:10.1001/jama.2020.6825
Eremushkin M.A. Dvigatel'naya aktivnost' i zdorov'e. Ot lechebnoj gimnastiki do parkura. [Physical activity and health. From physical exercises to parkour]. Moscow, Sport. 2016. 240 p.
Links to monographs:
1) author’s surname and initials; 2) heading of the monograph; 3) city; 4) name of the publishing house or publisher in italic; 5) year of publication; 6) number of pages.
Kanevskaya R.D. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie gidrodinamicheskikh protsessov razrabotki mestorozhdenii uglevodorodov [Mathematical modeling of hydrodynamic processes of hydrocarbon deposit development]. Izhevsk, 2002. 140 p.
Description of the Internet resource:
Kondrat'ev V.B. Global'naya farmatsevticheskaya promyshlennost' [The global pharmaceutical industry]. Available at: http: //perspektivy.info/rus/ekob/ globalnaja_farmacevticheskaja_promyshlennost_2011-07-18.html. (accessed 23.05.2020)
The electronic address and the date of access of the document on the Internet are always given.
Tables should be clear and compact and contain statistically processed materials. Tables should be created by the means of standard MS Word or Excel. Each table should be numbered sequentially in the order of the first mention in the text. Each table should have a title and an ordinal number (above the table), corresponding to its mention in the text. Each column in the table should have a short title (one can use abbreviations, deciphered in footnotes). All explanations should be placed in footnotes. As an alternative to tables with a large number of data the use of graphics is recommended.
Figures should be included in the text as well as submitted as separate files. Figures should meet the following requirements: file extension *.tif, *.jpg, *png, *gif; resolution — not less than 300 dpi (pixels per inch); figure should be cut at the edges of the image; the width of the figure is from 70 to 140 mm, the height is no more than 200 mm.
Charts and graphs should be editable black and white or color. In histograms, it is permissible to alternate a solid fill and pattern (hatching, rhombs, etc.), in the charts well-distinguishable markers and dotted lines should be used. All digital data and signatures must be clearly distinguishable. Each figure should be accompanied by brief captions, which together with the designations given in the figure should be sufficient for understanding the information presented in the figure without reading the text of the article.
Name tables, figures, charts, and their contents are fully duplicated in English.
Сontact information about authors should contain:
- The full name of the author(s), academic title and position.
- The full name of their place of work (department, laboratory), in which the work was performed, as well as the full postal address of the institution.
- E-mail address of the author(s), ORCID ID
All information are fully duplicated in English.
The author should save copies of all materials and documents submitted to the editor.
Articles submitted for publication or already published are not accepted. Manuscripts that are not prepared according to the guidelines will not be considered.
Materials for publication in electronic form should be sent to: email@example.com.
The regulations on the review of author's original articles (materials) submitted for publication to the editorial office of the scientific journal "Bulletin of restorative medicine»
- The editorial office of the journal «Bulletin of Restorative Medicine» takes into consideration articles and materials reflecting scientific views, results and achievements of fundamental and theoretical-applied research in the field of natural sciences and related subject areas in the following main sections: biological, medical and psychological sciences.
- Specialty code: 14.03.11 Rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, physical therapy, balneology and physiotherapy.
- Specialty formula: Rehabilitation medicine, sports medicine, physical therapy, balneology and physiotherapy – a complex specialty, engaged in the studying the mechanisms of action and developing methods for the use of natural and artificial physical factors, physical exercise and other means of physical therapy, factors of traditional therapy, improving the effectiveness of prevention treatment and rehabilitation measures in healthy people, athletes, sick and disabled to restore the functional reserves of the human body or compensate for lost functions and improve the health and quality of life of the population. Rehabilitation medicine studies the regularities of the processes of formation and preservation, restoration and strengthening of human health by dynamic assessment and correction of adaptive abilities of the body, determines the methodological foundations of diseases prevention.
- One carefully selected in accordance with the «Terms of publication in the journal "Bulletin of Restorative Medicine" copy of the article, as well as information about the author/authors, annotation in Russian, keywords in Russian and electronic version of all documents on CD-R or CD-RW disc are sent to the editorial office ,the same documents are sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The publication reviews all materials submitted to the editorial office, corresponding to its subjects, with a view to their peer review. All reviewers are recognized experts on the subject of peer-reviewed materials and have publications on the subject of the reviewed article during the last 3 years. Reviews are stored in the publishing house and in the editorial office for 5 years. Manuscripts that submitted for publication in the journal checked for compliance with technical requirements and compliance with the journal's profile.
- The article is accepted for consideration only if it meets the requirements for the registration of materials submitted to the "Bulletin of Restorative Medicine", published on the website http://vvmr.ru/ and http://www.asvomed.ru/
- The articles accepted by the editorial office are categorized accordance with the scientific areas in which the journal specializes.
- All manuscripts submitted to the journal are sent though the profile of scientific research for review to the members of the editorial board, who oversees the corresponding direction/scientific discipline, within 30 (thirty) days from the date of receipt to the editorial office.
- The reviewer must review the submitted article within 14 (fourteen) working days from the date of receipt and send to the editorial office (by e-mail or land mail) either a reasoned refusal to review, or a properly executed review.
- The reviewer can recommend the article for publication, recommend it for publication after revision/subject to comments after re-review, or not recommend the article for publication. If the reviewer recommends the article for publication after revision/subject to comments or does not recommend the article, then the review should indicate the specific reasons for such a decision.
- When preparing reviews, it is necessary to pay attention to the presence in the material of the relevance of the scientific problem solved by the author. The review should clearly characterize the theoretical or applied significance of the research or lack thereof, and relate the author's conclusions to existing scientific views on the stated problem. A necessary element of the review is the reviewer's assessment of the author's personal contribution to the solution of the issues under consideration. In the review, it is also necessary to note the correspondence of the style and logic to the requirements of the scientific style of presentation , as well as give an opinion on the reliability and validity of the conclusions (to characterize the representativeness of the practical material involved in the analysis, the degree of illustrative examples given by the author, etc.). The review ends with a general assessment of the article and a recommendation for publication, revision, or reasoned rejection of the material.
- Review is confidential. The author of the reviewed work given the opportunity to read the text of the review. Upon receipt of a positive review , without comments, it is accepted for publication, which is reported to the author. If the article generally rated positively, but there are some comments, the author sent a review and the article returned for revision.
- In case of receiving a negative review, a motivated refusal sent to the author. The surname of the reviewer is not specified and further contacts between the author and the reviewer are made through the editorial office of the journal. The editorial board provides reviews of manuscripts at the request of authors and expert councils of the HAC.
- In case of disagreement with the reviewer's opinion, the author of the article has the right to provide a reasoned response to the editorial office of the journal. The article can be sent for re-reviewing or for approval by the editorial board.
- Short messages, letters to the editorial office, reviews, discussion materials, personalities, etc. are only initial examination of the editorial board members in accordance with scientific directions and external reviews are not sent./li>
- he article sent by the author to the editorial office after removing the comments is re-reviewed.
The position of reviewing the original author's articles (materials) to be submitted for publication to the editors of the scientific journal "Bulletin of regenerative medicine»
- The editors of the journal "Bulletin of regenerative medicine," notes the review articles and materials that reflect the scientific outlook, results and achievements of fundamental and theoretical and applied research in science and related subject areas on the following main headings: biological, medical and psychological science.
- Code of specialty: 14.03.11 Regenerative medicine, sports medicine, physiotherapy, balneology and physiotherapy.
- Formula specialty: Regenerative medicine, sports medicine, physiotherapy, balneology and physiotherapy - a complex specialty that studies the mechanisms of action and the development of methods of application of natural and artificial physical factors, exercise and other means of physical therapy, the factors of traditional therapy, improving the effectiveness of prevention and treatment and rehabilitation in healthy people, athletes, sick and disabled in order to restore the functional reserves of the human body or compensation for lost functions and improve health and quality of life. Regenerative medicine studies the laws of the formation and preservation, restoration and strengthening of human health through the evaluation and correction of the dynamic adaptation of the organism determines the methodological basis of disease prevention.
- In the editor sent to one (1) carefully adjusted in accordance with the "Terms and Conditions published in the journal" Bulletin of regenerative medicine "copy of the article, as well as information about the author / authors, abstract in Russian, keywords in Russian and an electronic version of all Documents on CD-R or CD-RW disc, the same documents are sent by e-mail: email@example.com.
- The publication shall review all incoming materials to the editor corresponding to its category, with a view to peer review. All reviewers are acknowledged experts on the subject of peer-reviewed material and have for the last 3 years of the publication of peer-reviewed articles on the subject. Reviews are stored in the publishing and editorial office for 5 years. Manuscript received for publication in the magazine, checked for compliance with the technical requirements and compliance profile of the journal.
- The article is accepted for consideration only on condition that it complies with the requirements for the materials submitted in the "Bulletin of regenerative medicine," posted on the website and http://vvmr.ru/ http://www.asvomed.ru/ < / li>
- The articles adopted version, distributed by category in accordance with the scientific directions, which specializes in the journal.
- All manuscripts received by the journal are sent to the profile of scientific research for review to members of the editorial board, supervising the appropriate direction / scientific discipline within thirty (30) days from receipt of the editorial board of the journal.
- The reviewer should consider targeted article within fourteen (14) business days of receipt and send it to the editor (by e-mail or surface mail) or a reasoned refusal to review, or a duly executed review.
- The reviewer may recommend an article for publication, to recommend to the publication of revised / taking into account comments / review after repeated or not to recommend the article for publication. If the reviewer recommends an article for publication after processing / taking into account comments or recommend an article in the review should be indicated the specific reasons for such a decision.
- In preparing the reviews need to pay attention to the presence in the material relevance of the problem to be solved by science. Review should clearly describe the theoretical significance of the research or application, or lack thereof, to relate the author's conclusions with existing scientific views on the stated issues. An essential element of the review is to assess the reviewer's personal contribution of the author in solving the issues. The review should also be noted compliance with the requirements of style and logic of scientific style of presentation, as well as an opinion on the reliability and validity of findings (characterized representativeness practical material, called to analyze the degree of illustrative examples cited by the author, etc.). Review completed overall assessment and recommendation of the article for publication, revision or a reasoned rejection of the material.
- The review shall be conducted confidentially. Author of the book under review is given an opportunity to read the text of the review. Upon receiving a positive review, without comment, it is accepted for publication, as reported by the author. If an article is generally assessed positively, but there are some comments to the author reviews and articles sent back for revision.
- In the case of a negative response, the author sent to a reasoned refusal. Last reviewer is not indicated, and further contacts authors and reviewers are carried out through the Editor. The editorial board provides for the needs of authors and expert advice WAC review manuscripts.
- In the event of disagreement with the opinion of the reviewer author has the right to give a reasoned response to the journal. The article can be directed to re-review for approval or the editorial board.
- Brief communications, letters to the editor, review, discussion papers, personalities, etc. are only initial examination by members of the editorial board in accordance with the directions of research and external reviews are not sent.
- The article aimed author of the editorial board after the removal of the comments to be re-reviewed.